Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sweet Thank You's

Last Tuesday, March 12, was my fundraiser at Sweet Frog Mechanicsburg.  I cannot thank Sweet Frog and Mr. Gagliardo enough for hosting this event.  I wasn't really sure what to expect in the way of amounts to shoot for for fundraising, as initially I was under the impression that each guest had to mention "The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society/Team in Training" at checkout in order for 10% of their order total to be counted, but when Bryan, Mandy and I arrived, we were pleasantly surprised to see this set-up:
To the left of the cash register is a cute tin Sweet Frog lunchbox with "The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society" on the lid.  Therefore, ANYONE (not just those I and my friends reached out to and who were aware they needed to mention it when paying) who went to Sweet Frog that night were aware of the fundraiser and had the opportunity to put their receipt in the box to be counted.  Additionally, there was a jar, also labeled, for additional cash donations.

And so, I give you, the total raised at Sweet Frog that evening!
Drum roll, please     .............................................
                                             .................................................
                                                                  ........................................
$58.64 !!!
I think that is amazing!!  $37.43 of that was from the 10% of all receipts added to the lunch box, and $21.21 was collected in the jar!  With my rough math calculations and past experience of purchasing frozen yogurt at Sweet Frog, an "average" cup of yogurt runs about $5-$6 (at least for me, although I *may* be known to eat more than that at times).  That means about 62 +/- people supported the fundraiser!  If you were one of them, comment as such in the comment section so I can thank you!  And, if you'd like to remain anonymous, then THANK YOU!!!

My friend and co-worker, Mandy, and I met Bryan after work to head over to Mechanicsburg.  Of course we also needed to hit up one of my favorite "hole-in-the-wall" restaurants, Rancho Grande, while we were in my old stomping grounds.  That place sure looks odd on the outside (Bryan always made fun of it, until he tried it!), but is it ever good food at a very decent price!  You can't beat their chips and salsa, and I always follow that up with Enchilada Supremas and a chile relleno.  After dinner, we weren't exactly hungry, so we headed over to Dick's Sporting Goods to look at bikes, biking shorts, shoes, and anything else shiny and pretty that caught our (okay, mostly Mandy and mine) eyes until our food settled a bit.

As always, I enjoyed my yogurt, and I think Mandy enjoyed hers as well, especially since this was her first time ever experiencing the goodness that is Sweet Frog!

A few more donations have rolled in via the mail, and also on-line.  As soon as I finish up this blog post, I will get the next batch of checks together and sent out.  All told, so far $1,168.54 has been raised for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!  Although my goal is to raise $1,800, my base-commitment is $1,550...so, with that I am 75% towards reaching my base-commitment, and 65% towards my goal (assuming my math is correct, but, like I always said, I was a science teacher, and  NOT a math teacher for a reason!).  If you haven't donated, it isn't too late!  Simply visit my fundraising page to donate easily on-line. And, stay tuned in the very near future for another opportunity to support my fundraising efforts!

And here comes the best part of this post - the thank you's to those who have donated in addition to those I mentioned earlier.

Much THANKS to: 
Jon and Cheryl Noll (Dad and Mom)
Clair and Betsy Weaver (Dad and Mom W.)
Tom and Linda Wingard
Mandy Stoltzfus
Mark Noll
Wayne and Lois Slothower
Ruby Bellis 
Glenn and Kay Weaver
Larry and Brenda Emig

Again, I really can't express my appreciation for your generosity enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment