Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2017 Gold Challenge

It has almost been two years since my last post!

In those two years I haven't run as much as I would have liked, but I did run the Bird-in-Hand Half Marathon for the second time on September 12, 2015 (2:21:15).  I ran that along with some friends from one of my previous jobs, many of which received their "Road Apple Award" that race.
L to R: me, Justin, Mandy, Megan, and CeCe after the 2015 Bird-in-Hand Half-Marathon
One of the hilights of that weekend was meeting (and taking selfies with) Christopher McDougall, auther of "Born to Run" and "Naturl Born Heroes", the latter of which I received an autographed copy of.
Chris McDougall and I - I do also have a bona fide "selfie" with him as well, but this was a better picture

On April 2, 2016, I finished my first trail run, the Mile Run Challange (half-marathon) with Mandy - it was a blast and probably one of the highest "runner's highs" I have ever felt!
Mandy and I after the 2016 Mile Run Trail Challenge

I would like to pick running back up this year, and therefore I have set a goal of running 1000 miles in 2017.  I also would like to complete another trail run, and a half-marathon but I haven't decided on which ones yet.  And....another marathon within the next year or so :-).  So, here's to the #2017GoldChallenge - only 998 miles to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment